Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Book is Launched


Muriel's Red Sweater is officially launched!  We had the publication party last Saturday at Micawber's and it was a lot of fun.  There were balloons and cake.  I read the book and Muriel, the duck puppet, visited everyone.  Many people came to help celebrate.  Thanks to everyone who could make it.  I really appreciate it.

I have to admit, at 15 minutes to 2:00, there were only my husband, daughter and about two other people there.  I began to worry that no one else would come.  But right at 2:00 pm, the doors opened and people flooded in.   There ended up being about 60 people or so at the event, which was wonderful!

I had so much fun welcoming Muriel into the world, with the help of so many of my friends. What a great day!  By the end of it all, I was pretty tired.  In fact, I went to bed at 8:00 pm that night!

So, now it's been exactly a week since Muriel's release.  At the store we've sold 54 copies at last count.  Do I check each day I work?  You bet!  Also, last night on Amazon, Muriel's Red Sweater was the #44 best selling book!  OK, OK.  I must clarify.  It was #44 in the sub-category of "Ducks and Other Waterfowl" under "Animals" under "Children's Books" under "Books."  It was number 100,000 something overall.  But I was pretty happy!

I just checked again, and it's currently #79 in "Ducks and Other Waterfowl." And 200,000 something overall.  I had better get cracking with my global-marketing campaign!  Amazon updates their ranking every hour.  If I was a little more OCD, I'd be checking every hour.  Since I'm not, I'll only check once (or twice or three times max) each day.

But in all seriousness, I am very happy with how the release and launch of Muriel's Red Sweater has gone.  And what better thing to celebrate during a dreary February then a new, fun children's book in the world?  I can't think of a thing.

1 comment:

laurasalas said...

Yea, Dara! Great launch!