Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Flu Season


It's February and Flu Season has arrived. My daughter and I are home sick with the flu. High temps, sore throat, cough, congestion, the works. Ugh!

Note to self: Get flu shot next year.

Being stuck at home in bed has one advantage - it's a good time to catch up on some reading. Here's what my 12 (almost 13) year-old daughter is reading:

Pandora Gets Angry by Carolyn Hennesy. This is the 5th book in a good series about Pandora and the seven evils that escape from the box she opens.

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan. First book in his new series about Camp Half-Blood.

Here's what I'm reading:

The Luck of the Buttons by Anne Ylvisaker. I got an advance reader copy of Anne's new book and I'm just starting it now. It's about a "luckless" family and the one young Button whose luck begins to change. Anne is a friend and I'm excited to read her new novel.

In Cod We Trust by Eric Dregni. I asked for this one for Christmas. Eric and his wife, Katy, move to Trondheim, Norway for a year on a Fulbright Fellowship. While there, Katy gives birth to their first child, a boy named Eilif. Some of my own relatives come from (and still live in) Trondheim. I've never been there but my parents have and I'm checking it out vicariously through my folks and this book.

Time for some Theraflu and sleep. Good reading. Goodnight.


No comments: